so happy and so flattered.
my interview for my favorite ezine b-coolt just came out today.
do click. do read. :)
thank you!
http://b-coolt.com/sp-edicao-237
(online version in portuguese only.)
english translation-ish:
She admits that contemporary art runs in her blood, but she also admits that she simply can't dedicate herself to one thing only. And that way, this dutch naturalized brazilian has already lived in the USA and in Greece, speaks five languages, has worked as a shop window artist, bakes cakes, cupcakes etc, was a marketing and business manager at the Modern Art Museum of São Paulo and today, works in a design agency. She also finds time to administer two blogs, the 100percentjulie, in English, and the Julie Belfer, artista, written in portuguese and a lot more personal. In the latter, she describes the textures of her poetic wonderings and artistic interventions - such as the project Hopes, where she writes messages on napkins so that, who knows, maybe, it takes a smile to the mouth of whoever finds them. While spreading her Hopes around, she answered:
If you could travel in time, where would you go to?
It's hard to choose. As research and for a bigger understanding, any time period would be new to me and enough to get me thinking. I would press shuffle on the time maching and see where I would end up.
If you had to start a new professional career, what would it be?
I am, currently, finally getting closer to something I can't deny I am. Other than admitting to myself that I am an artist (phew!), medicine also interests me, but for the pure fascination I have for the human body, not to work as a doctor.
If you could ban a type of music from the face of the Earth, what would it be?
I wouldn't ban music, mostly because sharing and stealing music from friends is how we find out about new artists... And to each their own, right? I'd say that, about different tastes, just be respectful of others and be aware not to push your loud-bursting-ear-drums volume on other people.
If you found God and could ask only one questoin, what would it be?
I think I could only get a sigh out, hands open and a raise of an eyebrow with that question mark face as if saying "How did you come up with this concept?"
If you could become invisible, what would you do?
I'd do everything I do now, but not at all in moderation! I wouldn't go once to the movies; I'd sit there showing after showing. I wouldn't eat only one brigadeiro (typical brazilian sweet); I'd devour Ofner (brazilian pastry shop)! Travelling... I'd go around the entire world and enjoy the 1st class! I also wouldn't veto any excitement, such as dancing and singing loudly in the middle of the busiest street at twelve o'clock (when everyone's out to lunch)...
If you were a cartoon character or a superhero, which would it be?
It'd be fun to help the world being Cupcake-Woman, spreading sweets around! Hahaha...
If you had to pick a movie and a book to take with you on a desert island, which would it be?
Movie would have to be something by Woody Allen. I can handle only one movie, but one book only is way too unfair... May I take my Kindle?
